Top Fancy Words in English to Sound Classy Smart selected from The HINDU and other English newspaper.
Nebulochaotic: a state of being hazy and confused. (hazy means blurred or Indistinct ).
Monochopsis: the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place. (subtle means Difficult to detect or grasp by the mind or to analyse).
Compathy: feelings either of happiness or grief, shared with another person.
1. Nebulochaotic : a state of being hazy and confused. (hazy means blurred or Indistinct ).
2. Monochopsis : the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place. (subtle means Difficult to detect or grasp by the mind or to analyse).
3. Desiderium : an ardent longing , as for something lost. (ardent means Characterized by intense emotion or strong enthusiasm).
4. Nubivagant : wandering in the clouds; moving through the air.
5. Stravage : to wander aimlessly.
6. Logophile : lover of words .
7. Alexithymia : inability to describe emotions verbally .
8. Abbiocco : the drowsiness experienced after eating a big meal.
9. Chatoyant : like a cats eye.
10. Demure : shy and reserved.
11. Talisman : a good luck charm
12. Riparian : by the bank of a stream
13. Jamais vu : not remembering something you always see.
14. Diaphanous : filmy.
15. Effervescence : bubbles in a liquid
16. Compathy : feelings either of happiness or grief , shared with another person.
17. Jayus : a joke so unfunny and poorly told that you can’t help but laugh.
18. Clinomania : excessive desire to stay in bed.
19. Basorexia : the overwhelming desire to kiss.
20. Raiment : garments or clothing.
21.Aquiver: Quivering, Trembling
22.Dulcet: Sweet, Sugary
23.Gambol: To Skip Or Leap About Joyfully
24.Moiety: One Of Two Equal Parts
27.Tantamount: Equivalent To
28.Subsume: Absorb Or Include
29.Vicious: Brutal Or Harsh
30.Enfeeble: Weaken Or Exhaust
32.Tangible: Obvious Or Clear
33.Impinge: Have An Impact On Or Influence
34.Ramification: Outcome Or Consequence
35.Rebuff: Reject Or Decline
36.Hegemony: Leadership Or Authority
38.Beleaguered: Harassed Or Troubled
39.Fete: To Honor Or Praise
40.Snub: To Humiliate Or Insult
An old-fashioned technique to learn the Fancy Words and Sound Classy Smart are:
1.write the word
2.say it aloud
3.cover it with your hand
4.write it again and check the spelling.
We all forget things very quickly and research suggests that unless we review what we learned regularly, we will lose it. This is called the Forgetting Curve. Visit my website English category and revise regularly.